The vulva is the external part of a woman's genitalia and is an important part of her reproductive and sexual health. The vulva is made up of the mons pubis, the labia majora, the labia minora, the clitoris, the vaginal opening, and the urethral opening.
Taking care of your vulva is crucial for maintaining good hygiene, preventing infections, and promoting overall health. Since it is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body, it is a must to better take care of it. So, keep in mind these 6 insightful tips on how to take care of your vulva:
1. Wash your vulva regularly: The vulva should be washed regularly with warm water and a gentle, unscented soap. Avoid using strong soaps, perfumes, or douches as they can irritate the delicate skin of the vulva and disrupt the natural pH balance.
2. Wear breathable underwear: Choose underwear made of breathable fabrics like cotton and avoid tight-fitting clothes that can trap moisture and create a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast.
3. Practice good hygiene during menstruation: Change your sanitary products frequently during menstruation to prevent the build-up of bacteria and odors. Avoid using scented pads or tampons as they can irritate the vulva.
4. Urinate after sex: Urinating after sex helps to flush out bacteria that may have entered the urethra during intercourse, reducing the risk of urinary tract infections.
5. Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals on the vulva, such as hair removal creams or perfumed sprays. These can cause irritation and increase the risk of infection.
6. See your healthcare provider regularly: Regular visits to your healthcare provider are essential for maintaining vulvar health. They can perform routine check-ups, and screenings, and provide advice on how to maintain vulvar health.
In conclusion, taking care of your vulva is essential for maintaining good hygiene, preventing infections, and promoting overall health. By following these simple tips, you can keep yourself and your vulva healthy and happy.
Now that you know some of the techniques or simple tips on how to take better care of your vulva, you can still check our website to know more about the pre and post-care treatment. https://www.pinkparlour.com.sg/wecare-wax-care
If you wish to visit any Pink Parlour outlet, just book an appointment here: PPBOOKING
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media accounts and share your experience by tagging us on any of our accounts!